Here are my answers for the questions for chapters 50-71.
1. At the end we find out Tim was sending Cory money because he thought she could be his daughter since he was having an affair with Genevieve. Did you see this coming?
I definitely did not see this coming! This was a twist for me. It made my opinion of Genevieve change (even though she was already dead).
2. By the end of the story, what were your feelings about Eve? How had they changed since the beginning?
I think Eve ended up becoming a strong woman. She went through a lot in life: losing her mom, getting caught up with Tim, Cory, Jack, and her illness. I still don't agree with her choice to help Tim and to keep Cory, but she redeemed herself a bit by the end of the book.
3. Were you happy with the way President Russel treated Cory?
It was kind of weird to me. He was all about giving her money and things that were her birth mom's. It seemed like it was all too fast. And, strange that he just loved her SO much right away (again, I don't have kids so I'm not sure how my answer might change if I did). They didn't really give Cory a chance to digest everything and get to know them before going in head over heels.
4. If you were in Cory's shoes and had just found out all of this about the woman who raised you and who you believed to be your mother, how would you react? Would you forgive?
Ok, wow. I wouldn't know what to do or think. Everything I had known was a lie. I think I'd go through times where I'd think that Eve stole so much from my life, times where I'd question my whole life, and times where I'd be really mad at her. I'm honestly not sure if I could forgive her. Eve totally made Cory's life take a completely different path from what it was supposed to. It would be so, so hard. But, I'd also hope that I could realize the love Eve has for me and try and see her side of it.
5. In your mind, how does this story end? Do they all live happily ever after? Does Cory go on having relationships with her old family and her new family?
I think they live as best as they can. I don't know that there can be a happily ever after given everything that's happened. Thank goodness Cory is done with Ken. I was so annoyed with him! I do think Cory has a relationship with both families, but I'm not sure how strong they are.
6. How do you think Cory has changed throughout the story? Have your feelings about her changed?
I think she has grown up. I'm not sure that I ever really liked her though. It's hard to explain. She realized Ken wasn't any good for her and got rid of him which was a big step for her. I just wish she would have been a more loving daughter.
So, overall I thought it was a pretty good book. I felt like the middle read faster than the end (that's why I finished reading it weeks ago). Would I recommend it? Yes, I have already passed it on to my mom!